Faction A is an elite squad specialised in professional services in analytics.
Highly qualified, resourceful and rigorous, we are analytics aficionados that can intervene at all levels of analytical solutions implementation, from planning to the creation of dashboards and data integration.
Continuously in improvement mode, we relentlessly track the latest developments in the field. Only the most skilled, dedicated and connected are hired. Our values are integrity, cooperation and commitment.
Microsoft Gold Data Analytics Official Partner
- Analytics Specialists
- Microsoft Power BI Experts
- Planning and Project Management
- Proof of Concept
- Analytics in the Cloud
- Analytics Migration
- A Passionate Team that Supports Every Specialist
We are crazy about analytics. We’re called aficionados. Kind of like whiz kids. Call us experts, connoisseurs or virtuosos. Or then again champions, top guns or geeks. One thing is certain, we are very good at what we do. Whatever the mandate, whatever the project, we have a resource for that.
In addition, we are a Microsoft Gold Data Analytics Certified Partner, now that’s something!
A COMPLETE TEAM
Here you’re not dealing with a placement agency or a head hunter. Our resources are branded Faction A. They collaborate among themselves, are well supervised and supported, trained and have the most pertinent and up to date certifications. So you benefit from the highest level of competence.
WE’RE A PASSIONATE BUNCH
Faction A attracts and retains only passionate people. Passionate about analytics, passionate about their work, passionate about results. Tellingly, their enthusiasm is contagious. Your team will find itself energized. Whether it is about replacing a team member, solve a specific problem or to take over a complete project, they are always ready to go. Give them a mission and it will become theirs. Right till the end.
Your analytical initiative is wide ranging and complex? You could need proven project planning or management expertise With Faction A, there’s no worries. We can take over full responsibility for part or your complete project, whatever fits your needs.
Andre DeBlois is an Engagement Manager at Faction A. He has over 25 years’ experience in information technology. Throughout his career, Andre has demonstrated a talent for business development, architecture, model building, and project management, as well as for gathering business requirements, producing business solutions, and implementing information technology methodologies, normative frameworks, and competency centers. He has been instrumental in numerous successful projects, mainly in the Financial Services sector in Canada, United States, and England. Andre is known for his professional work ethic, team spirit, acute understanding of customer relations, and rigorous, high-quality work methods. Andre holds a degree in Information Management from the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM).
As the General Manager, Professional Services, Jacques Charland is responsible for the delivery of the different services offered by Faction A related to Business Intelligence and Analytics. Jacques has 25 years of experience in information technology. Following his undergraduate studies and before joining Faction A, he held senior positions in major information technology consulting firms where he actively managed several large-scale projects and also led information technology strategic planning and business process re-engineering initiatives.
Rejean Godin is a founding partner of Faction A. He has more than 25 years of experience both as manager and as Vice-President Finance, with 20 years in information technology, which included a public company. Rejean was also the founder and senior partner of a financial and investment consulting firm that achieved significant growth. M. Godin acquired his experience in the field of high-technology while collaborating in the financing of client companies.
Rejean graduated from HEC Montreal with a degree in business administration specializing in finance.
Philippe Torres is one of the founding partners of Faction A. He has been working in the industry for close to 25 years. Prior to co-founding Faction A, Philippe was employed by Sybase Canada and then Sun Microsystems as a Solutions Architect. Philippe has unique expertise in the areas of Analytical Solutions as well as R&D in the field of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. Philippe has helped develop more than a dozen Analytics programs for Canadian and American customers. An excellent communicator and well known across the industry, he has also been a speaker many times on this subject.
Philippe graduated from Concordia University in 1984 in computer science, specializing in systems engineering.
The Profiles of Our Team
Our analytical applications specialists are expert at creating and developing analytical applications with data access platforms such as Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy, SAS, etc. These consultants master the development, deployment and administrative aspects of these platforms, so they are able to extract from them their full value.
- Collect and analyze the analytical needs expressed by the user;
- Create high caliber analytical applications that offer an exceptional user experience;
- Develop the analytical objects;
- Optimise the analytical environments performance.
Our analytical solutions and data architects have the required expertise to elaborate all the different estimates for a complete analytical solution. Their intervention scope covers data integration, data warehouses, metadata as well as the user interface.
- Define the data architecture;
- Select the tools or technologies;
- Conform to the best practices;
- Develop the security integration plan;
- Certification of data traceability;
- Develop testing strategies.
Hand in hand with the user, the analyst specialised in analytical applications determines the needs and the business requirements. He also influences the strategic orientation and the analytical initiative planning based on the business value of each initiative.
- Gather and document the informational needs, the performance indicators, the measures and the business rules regulating those;
- Assist the client in prioritising the analytical functions to be developed according to the value, complexity and interdependency between them;
- Prepare the visual layouts that will then be created using the analysis and presentation tools.
Data integration specialists are expert in the extraction, transformation and harmonisation of data from multiple sources in the most efficient way. These activities usually are performed on platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica PowerCenter, DataStage, or with the SQL language.
- Create and develop the data flow that feeds the data structures;
- Propose and incorporate novel solutions that cater to the integration challenges from complex data;
- Optimise the data loading processes.
The project manager (or Scrum master) makes sure the project is executed successfully. His responsibilities include managing the project team to ensure optimal productivity while eliminating obstacles to the project’s progress. Our project managers fully master the complexities and the challenges that are typical to analytical solutions.
- Define the project management strategy;
- Evaluate the scope and timelines;
- Identify the risks, manage them and propose different options when needed;
- Manage the integration team on a daily basis;
- Communicate the project’s progress to the client.
Our data modeling specialists are experts at data modeling for analytical environments. They master just as well data warehouse modeling as dimensional and multidimensional modeling for analysis purpose.
- Starting from informational needs, conceive and elaborate the data models (logical and physical);
- Use the best practices in data modeling;
- Adjust the data models in order obtain the best performance from the drilling and data visualization tools;
- Analyze the impacts of introducing new data elements to the existing model.