WHO ARE WE?
Faction A is an elite squad specialised in professional services in analytics.
Highly qualified, resourceful and rigorous, we are analytics aficionados that can intervene at all levels of analytical solutions implementation, from planning to the creation of dashboards and data integration.
Continuously in improvement mode, we relentlessly track the latest developments in the field. Only the most skilled, dedicated and connected are hired. Our values are integrity, cooperation and commitment.
SPECIALISED IN ANALYTICS
We are crazy about analytics. We’re called aficionados. Kind of like whiz kids. Call us experts, connoisseurs or virtuosos. Or then again champions, top guns or geeks. One thing is certain, we are very good at what we do. Whatever the mandate, whatever the project, we have a resource for that. In addition, we are a Microsoft Gold Data Analytics Certified Partner, now that’s something!
A COMPLETE TEAM BEHIND EVERY RESOURCE
Here you’re not dealing with a placement agency or a head hunter. Our resources are branded Faction A. They collaborate among themselves, are well supervised and supported, trained and have the most pertinent and up to date certifications. So you benefit from the highest level of competence.
WE’RE A PASSIONATE BUNCH
Faction A atracts and retains only passionate people. Passionate about analytics, passionate about their work, passionate about results. Tellingly, their enthusiasm is contagious. Your team will find itself energized. Whether it is about replacing a team member, solve a specific problem or to take over a complete project, they are always ready to go. Give them a mission and it will become theirs. Right till the end.
PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Your analytical initiative is wide ranging and complex? You could need proven project planning or management expertise With Faction A, there’s no worries. We can take over full responsibility for part or your complete project, whatever fits your needs.
Rejean Godin is a founding partner of Faction A. He has more than 25 years of experience both as manager and as Vice-President Finance, with 20 years in information technology, which included a public company. Rejean was also the founder and senior partner of a financial and investment consulting firm that achieved significant growth. M. Godin acquired his experience in the field of high-technology while collaborating in the financing of client companies. Rejean graduated from HEC Montreal with a degree in business administration specializing in finance.
Co-founder and partner
at Faction A
Eric Brochu is Senior Director of Professional Services at Faction A. Eric is a seasoned BI architect and solutions manager with over 20 years of experience in information technology. Eric has a solid reputation in our industry, having worked on the implementation of analytical solutions for several large-scale clients in various fields. His technological expertise with Microsoft business intelligence components in both Azure and On-Premise environments provides unparalleled added value for our customers. Eric is also a Microsoft Certified IT Professional. Eric is recognized for his professional and human approach with his clients as well as with his colleagues. He is committed to delivering quality projects for his clients.
Senior Director of Professional
Services at Faction A
MICROSOFT GOLD DATA ANALYTICS
- Analytics Specialists
- Microsoft Power BI Experts
- Planning and Project Management
- Proof of Concept
- Analytics in the Cloud
- Analytics Migration
- A Passionate Team that Supports Every Specialist
Our analytical applications specialists are expert at creating and developing analytical applications with data access platforms such as Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy, SAS, etc. These consultants master the development, deployment and administrative aspects of these platforms, so they are able to extract from them their full value.
- Collect and analyze the analytical needs expressed by the user;
- Create high caliber analytical applications that offer an exceptional user experience;
- Develop the analytical objects;
- Optimise the analytical environments performance.
OUR ANALYTICAL APPLICATIONS SPECIALISTS
Our analytical solutions and data architects have the required expertise to elaborate all the different estimates for a complete analytical solution. Their intervention scope covers data integration, data warehouses, metadata as well as the user interface.
- Define the data architecture;
- Select the tools or technologies;
- Conform to the best practices;
- Develop the security integration plan;
- Certification of data traceability;
- Develop testing strategies.
OUR ANALYTICAL SOLUTIONS ARCHITECTS
Hand in hand with the user, the analyst specialised in analytical applications determines the needs and the business requirements. He also influences the strategic orientation and the analytical initiative planning based on the business value of each initiative.
- Gather and document the informational needs, the performance indicators, the measures and the business rules regulating those;
- Assist the client in prioritising the analytical functions to be developed according to the value, complexity and interdependency between them;
- Prepare the visual layouts that will then be created using the analysis and presentation tools.
OUR ANALYTICS ANALYSTS
Data integration specialists are expert in the extraction, transformation and harmonisation of data from multiple sources in the most efficient way. These activities usually are performed on platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica PowerCenter, DataStage, or with the SQL language.
- Create and develop the data flow that feeds the data structures;
- Propose and incorporate novel solutions that cater to the integration challenges from complex data;
- Optimise the data loading processes.
OUR DATA INTEGRATION SPÉCIALISTS
Our data modeling specialists are experts at data modeling for analytical environments. They master just as well data warehouse modeling as dimensional and multidimensional modeling for analysis purpose.
- Starting from informational needs, conceive and elaborate the data models (logical and physical);
- Use the best practices in data modeling;
- Adjust the data models in order obtain the best performance from the drilling and data visualization tools;
- Analyze the impacts of introducing new data elements to the existing model.
OUR DATA MODELING SPECIALISTS
The project manager (or Scrum master) makes sure the project is executed successfully. His responsibilities include managing the project team to ensure optimal productivity while eliminating obstacles to the project’s progress. Our project managers fully master the complexities and the challenges that are typical to analytical solutions.
- Define the project management strategy;
- Evaluate the scope and timelines;
- Identify the risks, manage them and propose different options when needed;
- Manage the integration team on a daily basis;
- Communicate the project’s progress to the client.