BI ANALYST Immediate — Full time — Permanent
Faction A is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst. You believe you are that person passionate about designing and implementing solutions that support data analysis? You familiar with the Power BI tool and the DAX language? Making the data consumable for a user to make informed decisions is one of your fights? If so, you’re the ONE!
As a BI Analyst, you’re an expert in designing and developing data analytics solutions using platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (“SSAS”), Microsoft Power BI, and more. Basically, visualizing and creating information from the data is what you want to do!
If you master the various modeling techniques, such as multidimensional modeling and you are an expert in the understanding of organizational processes, you are the BI Analyst we are looking for. You should also be familiar with the delivery cycle of an analytic solution: from user needs-collecting to deploying the solution in a production environment.
Ultimately, you are able to create analytics solutions that provide simple and compelling data and information to help customers answer complex business questions that help them achieve their goals.
What Faction A offers you:
- A relaxed work environment where fun and laughter between colleagues is a mandatory task;
- A competitive salary that rewards the effort and skills;
- A training program to obtain different Microsoft certifications;
- A participation in the OPUS + Entreprise program, which means that Faction A pays part of your public transport;
- On the lookout for technological advancements in the data world and work on stimulating internal projects that will generate value for our clients in the future;
- Flexible hours and work at home is part of our culture;
- Work with a dynamic team that is hungry for challenges;
- You choose your computer when you join the team;
- The coffee and tea is free, we know that everyone does it too … but ours is better :-)!
If you’re interested and want to join the Faction A team, do not hesitate to send us your resume! We cannot wait to talk to you!
- Collect and document the analytical needs expressed by the user;
- Develop a good understanding of the analytical process followed by the user in his decision-making or exploration;
- Find and propose innovative solutions to analytical challenges;
- Design high-caliber analytics environments that deliver an exceptional user experience;
- Perform modeling tasks;
- Develop the Analytical Layer Power Strategy, either using PowerQuery and the "M" language, or in conjunction with the Solution Architect and the Data Integration Specialist (an asset, we know you can learn anyway!);
- Create measures and KPIs using mainly DAX and MDX languages. (an asset, we know that you can learn it!);
- Develop reports and dashboards;
- Select and implement the best strategy for securing data access;
- Participate continuously in knowledge sharing within the team.
Required Skills :
HEY! THAT'S FOR ME! I'M SENDING MY RESUME
- You know how to use the Microsoft Power BI tool and are familiar with the DAX and M language (an asset);
- You must demonstrate a great interest in understanding the client's business issues;
- You constantly strive to surpass yourself and innovate;
- You are an excellent communicator, both orally and in writing, in both English and French;
- You are mobile and willing to work mainly in the metropolitan area of Montreal;
- You have good knowledge of the SQL language;
- You love challenges and you stay on top of technological developments;
- You love to share your knowledge;
- The new technologies and the exploitation of their full potential interest you to the highest point;
- You have a great interest in statistics and you master the programming languages R or Python (an asset);
- You have a Bachelor of Business Administration (TTI Profile / Systems Information Management) with a strong interest in the field of Business Intelligence or a Master of Business Intelligence.
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE JOB